EVIDENCE SUBMISSION FORM
- All evidence shipped to CCSR must include a case submission form. This form is available below.
CHAIN OF CUSTODY
- Prior to shipping any evidence confirm agreement with CCSR to provide testing
- Confirm which pieces of evidence will be tested
- Confirm what tests will be conducted
- Complete the Evidence Submission Form below
- Notify CCSR when Evidence has been shipped
EVIDENCE HANDLING GUIDELINES
1. In order to maintain the fidelity of evidence CCSR requests the Following.
- Always wear latex gloves when handling biological evidence.
- Change gloves between handling of each item of evidence.
- Process biological evidence on a clean area (such as a fresh piece of butcher paper). Use a 10 % bleach solution to clean areas at which biological evidence will be handled.
- Be careful not to talk excessively over biological evidence.
- Always wear a mask and gloves when dealing with DNA evidence.
- Only work with one piece of evidence at a time.
- Never allow items of biological evidence to come into contact with each other.
- Do not expose biological evidence to excessive heat of humidity.
- Allow biological evidence to air‐dry prior to packaging.
- Dried Stains. After stains have been air dried, store frozen or refrigerated in separate paper containers (e.g. bags, envelopes, cardboard boxes). NEVER USE PLASTIC CONTAINERS.
- Any DNA evidence is to be packaged in paper, not plastic.
- All evidence should be hand‐delivered or shipped via priority overnight mail, signature required for delivery next business day only, Monday -Thursday. Do not ship over holidays or weekends.
- Dried stains should be shipped in a sealed box or sturdy, sealed envelope at room temperature.
- Ship all evidence to:
Attn: Evidence Recieving
480 East Winchester Street, Suite 110
Murray, UT 84107